This tasty cat treat recipe couldn't be simpler - just two ingredients.
Any canned meat can be used: tuna, mackerel, chicken, etc. Just check the labels first! Watch where the product came from or was canned. You can also use fresh salmon, but you must cook it first.
Two Ingredient Treaties!
- Pizza Cutter
- Food processor
- 1 5 oz. high-quality tuna in oil or water, undrained If you’ve picked a really good quality tuna, there’s no need to drain it. If you haven’t, drain the tuna and rinse. Then add a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil when you puree it.
- 1 cup oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Tear off a sheet of parchment paper the size of your cookie sheet and place it on your countertop.
- Puree the tuna in the food processor.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients and mix well.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place dough onto parchment paper and roll out to 1/4” thick. Stay within the confines of the parchment paper. You’ll be transferring it over to your cookie sheet in a minute.
- Using your pizza cutter, start vertically or horizontally cutting narrow strips. When you’re done, repeat the same process in the opposite direction. You should have a nice patchwork grid when finished.
- Transfer the parchment paper onto your cookie sheet and place in oven.
- Set timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the cookie sheet. Break up the grid using a spatula or your oven-mitted hands. Spread the bits around evenly on the sheet and return to the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. OR Bake for 10 minutes and turn off oven. Leave in oven for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from oven and let cool.