Help your fur baby stay cool in the heat with this healthy and wholesome dog ice cream recipe made with Greek yogurt.
This frozen dog treat is a delicious, fun, and cooling snack that’s packed with nourishment. Greek yogurt contains gut-friendly probiotics, berries give pup a dose of vitamin C and fiber, and the optional dollop of natural peanut butter offers healthy fat.
If your dog can’t digest dairy, coconut yogurt makes a great substitute.
Fruity Fun Dog Ice Cream
- Small containers
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain and unsweetened with live cultures preferably. Use coconut yogurt if your dog can’t digest dairy products
- 1 banana ripe
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ramekins or small containers.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight for hard set.