When the summer heat has you reaching for something icy to cool you down, don’t forget your furry friend.
Making fun and healthy frozen dog treats is super easy. This recipe gives you suggestions for the base liquid and embellishments. Choose your furbaby’s favorites, and grab a few ice cube trays if you don’t have any silicone molds. The flavor combinations are endless!
Frozen Summer Snacks for Fido & Fluffy
- Silicone molds
- Ice trays
- Fruit puree unsweetened (strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, applesauce, etc.)
- Fruit juice unsweetened (apple, blueberry, etc.)
- Veggie puree cooked carrots or sweet potatoes
- Bone broth unseasoned
- Yogurt plain
- Coconut oil melted
- Bits of fruit: banana, blueberries, apples, etc.
- Chunks of cooked meat, unseasoned
- Small cubes of cheese
- Diced carrots or other veggies your pup likes
- Tiny dollops of natural peanut butter
- Place ice cube trays or molds onto cookie sheet for stability and transport.
- Pour base liquid into cavities halfway, leaving room for embellishments.
- Gently place desired embellishment into liquid.
- Freeze until hard set.