Four simple ingredients can help your furbaby get to sleep faster and have a better night’s rest.
Humans drink chamomile tea for its anti-anxiety effects and mild sedative properties. The herb has the same effects on dogs. (It also helps with upset tummies.)
Pumpkin seeds contain L-tryptophan and glutamate which promote calm and improve sleep. Oats have a calming effect on the nervous system, as well as anti-inflammatory and skin-soothing properties.
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds raw and unsalted
- 2 each chamomile tea bags
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- Pulse pumpkin seeds in mini-chopper until finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, add ground seeds and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Roll into balls. The dough may be a little sticky at first, but as you work, it will stiffen. Oat flour soaks up liquid like a sponge.
- Flatten balls using your palm and place on lined cookie sheet. Press with fork to further flatten.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch, and bottoms are browned. For softer treats, bake for less time.
- Transfer onto a wire rack and let cool completely.